Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Social status



Someone once told me that your social setting at school stays with you for life.

At school I had a group of friends, small but good.
I didn't really feel like I fit in with the 'in' crowd.
I saw the 'in' crowd as bitchy and fickle.

I moved away and found myself, I found my wings, and I sure spread them and flew.
Then I felt like my wings got clipped.

I've spent some time mending them - they are not quite the same as they were - more weather worn.

And here I am looking at life and many people in it and thinking you know what I am so grateful for my little group of friends, they are a diverse bunch but ultimately they are a bunch with hearts of gold and that is what counts.

So maybe whoever told me that statement was correct.

And as much as there were times at school when things were tough - I wouldn't really have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment