Thursday, 22 March 2012

Religion

To me - this should be a personal thing.
Whatever helps you - well it helps you and no one should judge that.
But I am very bored of how often it is used as an excuse for things.
Religion doesn't cause violence and problems - people do.  Ego's do.
The Religion is used as an excuse.
I fail to find a religion that says you should kill your fellow man or that condones suicide.
So many bad acts are done by humans under the disguise of religion.
I get asked my views a lot.
I don't really know why.
Maybe it's because I keep quiet and listen.
But this is how it is.
I don't let one person preach to me, I let the whole world teach me.
That is my religion.
Mother Nature if you will.
You only need to treat others how you wish to be treated and respect the earth.
We don't 'own' it.  I don't know why there are so many wars over land - we don't 'own' it - we are privelidged to be here and to be able to make the use of it - but it's not yours, and it's not mine.
Be kind.  That's all you really need to do.
Be aware of your footprint - try to make it as light as possible.
And that's pretty much my views on religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment