Saturday, 28 January 2012

Snow is falling...all around....

Well Ok not quite....yet but I hear it will on Monday and I am stupidly excited about this.
Last year we had a white christmas and you can't really get more magical than that!

This year it's not been so cold which is a bonus but that does mean it's been more rainy which is a bit meh - it just makes you not want to go out or do anything.

When it rains I still have to go to work - so I get to listen to the world and its dog have fun outside - but I don't get too bitter - I just get up early and I run around putting my fresh foot prints in the snow - then I go to work and let the world take over. All around you instead of angry shouts and car horns, you can hear families out, playing, laughing - it's rather delightful to be so frightfully British for one moment.

Everywhere sparkles and glistens - like a giant glitter pot has been spilt all over. Little snowman, big snowmen...slightly deformed snowmen pop up everywhere. Icicles point their fingers down and sometimes they caputre a rose bud inside or make little alien faces and hands.

Everywhere becomes truely magical.

But then I want it gone - no one likes slush and mean drivers who go too fast into it to get you dirty and wet.

So come on snow fall - then go - just leave me like a bad date!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment