Saturday, 14 January 2012

How to Ditch Your Fairy

How to Ditch Your FairyHow to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I know this book is meant for a slightly younger age group than my own but I have a theory...it's really important to keep your mind young, keep in tune with your own peter pan complex and to have pure escapism, I also think that children's books sometimes have to make a little more effort to keep you engaged.....I could be wrong but that's what I think anyway.


I love the concept of this book. Could it be we all have a fairy or could it be luck? Unluck? Or just the way things go? Could it be fate? But how nice to think it's because you have your very own fairy.


The story pulls no punches but there is some lovely little moments, some lovely observations and all round just a great story. It's not going to change the world in a hurry but it might make one or two people believe in fairies, and that to me is no bad thing!!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment