Saturday, 21 January 2012

Feeling inspired

I don't make new years resolutions as I don't think anyone sticks to them.  And if I want to do something, I want to do it! I also don't want to have to wait until the start of the year to always do something.  It's daft anyway as realistically who has much energy in January!?!

I think 5 years of being very inactive due to my health has given me all the motivation I need to get up and out there and to start living life and doing things that I want to do and not be concerned about what others think or whether it makes me look cool.  It's about whether it makes me happy.  This in turn will fill my life with lovely things and aleviate stress as a by product - or at least that is the plan.

Today I had my first piano lesson.  On a baby grand - which I was a little too excited about.  I have a little musical ability as used to play the flute but this is going to be a big challenge for me and I hope I make it, without annoying the neighbours too much!



I have also, finally, set up a book club.  It's called the Bookish Club and we will be having our first meeting soon and I am pretty excited about this.  There are a lot of book clubs out there that can be a bit too rigid and I want this one to be a nice chilled out environment where we can discuss books and life. It's for local people so I can do my little bit in helping to build something of a mini community in London - as it's something that is seriously lacking here.  London has so much but community - not so much!



My sewing machine is also out of the cupboard and rarring to go - I have a giant bag of fabric and I hope to create me some lovely dresses.  I am very much a beginner but I've already had a dress in a shop window....oh OK I confess I gave some to the charity shop to see if they would sell! I also had a costume designer mistake one dress I made as a Biba dress - talk about flattered, I know this was more about my choice of fabric than my skill with the needle but hey you gotta start somewhere.



I have one book completed 'Wish You Well' and another on the go  it's exciting.  I don't know why I waited so long to write but I am loving it so much.  If only there were more hours in the day.  I am a complete novice to this and have no clue where to go next but seeing as I am having fun I think that is the main priority dealt with.



In between all this I have started to walk wherever I can.  (nothing to do with how much I ate over christmas you understand.....)  It's a great way to feel at one with nature - which I know sounds totally hippyish but it's so nice to notice all the lovely little things around you that you wouldn't normally even see let alone pay attention to.  This also helps me partake in another of my favorite past times - photography.  I once dreamt about having my own darkroom - but with the very sad demise of Kodak I think it's going to be digital all the way for me now.



What time I have left I like to read, have long bubble baths and spend time with my loved ones.

Isn't it amazing how much you can get done in 24 hours when you manage your time.  I work full time and stil have time to day dream and sit around doing sweet FA.  I am trying to make more food from scratch and will even be attempting some more baking soon.

I once thought just going to work then out to a club was taxing on my time.  I always seemed to be busy and didn't have the time to do so many of the things I wanted to do yet with a bit of careful planning - look how much more I am cramming in to my 24 hours.

This is not a blog to gloat - as I have a loooooooong way to go in life - but this is a blog to inspire (I hope) and show you that all you need is a the will to want to do something and a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment