Saturday, 14 January 2012

Children of the Flames

Children of the Flames: Dr. Josef Mengele and the Untold Story of the Twins of AuschwitzChildren of the Flames: Dr. Josef Mengele and the Untold Story of the Twins of Auschwitz by Lucette Matalon Lagnado


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Great book.


Heart breaking.


Disgusting.


But strangely hopeful too.


People got away and survived but alas way too many children were lost.


I cannot believe that Mengele never got caught and I felt quite angry about this but then I realised if he had been caught he would have been hung - with no time given to think about the horrors he did. He lived yes, when maybe he really didn't deserve to but it was maybe karma coming into play that life never really went that well for him again.


This book shows the truely horrific side to human nature, and the courage of those that survived.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment