Saturday, 26 November 2011

Goodreads.com

The Kindness of StrangersThe Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I started reading this book very quickly I realised the 'shock' was going to really upset me and make this quite difficult reading - only because I am a caring person with a very over active imagination.


The story is based around a family that help out a little boy. The little boy is being used by his parents for sex. It has been some of the most uncomfortable reading that has made me so angry.....but not because of the writing style - far from it. Katrina has really researched this and has written in scenarios which no doubt really have had happened. It is harrowing stuff but once again Katrina's writing is amazing and I have to say I was very happy with the ending. The saddest thing about this book is that there really are adults out there that prey on children and there are way too many children that have had to endure such abuse. I think this was brave writing, a very difficult subject matter to handle. Katrina has done this well.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment