Monday, 5 September 2011

Oh little treasure


And it only cost me £1 and it works i.e. in otherwords every time I open this box up (which at the moment is really frequently as it's still a novelty) but the little song comes blasting out and the ballerina dances her awkward little clock word turn.


I had one of these as a kid - as in a musical box with a dancing ballerina - that's where the similarities end but the concept is the same - I love these boxes.  Each time I open them it feels a little magically.  I don't know if that is to do with the box or to do with the memories.

The happy memories of childhood.

The lovely innocence.  I'd go to the park, or play with the grass cuttings on the fields (I'd build little layouts of houses with them.....my earlier interior design interests shining through) or I'd be down the river making little hide outs and dens...or at my friends houses making up stories or putting on plays and getting dressed up.

My biggest worry was whether I had clean socks.....or maybe just matching socks would do....you know what, I didn't even worry about that.

I was just living life.  I remember one summer holiday running out of my room and squealing to my mom 'Am I still on holiday?'  'Yes Alison.' 'Wow.....how  long have I got left?' '4 weeks Alison, it's only just really started.' and I remember the excited dance around the room I did.  I was only about 7 or maybe even younger - but that was all I needed to hear to know that things were just simply amazing.

Wouldn't it be great if life was still that simple - that everything was still that easy.

I think it can be if we choose too - hence why my peter pan complex is never going to leave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment