Saturday, 7 August 2010

Toy Story 3

I don't care if Pixar is more for children - I love them.  I don't think I've seen a Pixar film I haven't enjoyed - and UP is one of my all time favorite films.  So, last night I went to see Toy Story 3.  I'd been told it was a real tear jerker and fully grown men had been known to sob during the film.......this confused me.  Then I remembered the 'pulling on your heart strings' moment in UP and wondered if this was Pixar's new angle.

I didn't cry.  Not even close.  Maybe I'm just cold hearted but I think I tend to blub pretty easily these days.  I guess there was a bit of an emotional moment when Andy says good bye to his toys, but generally I'd say it was yet another great Pixar event.  I really loved it.  Is it my favorite Toy Story? Probably not, the first was probably the best - but this was a very close runner up.

(Yes there is a unicorn - how happy was I!!)

This time Andy has grown up and is going off to college, he is going to store his toys in the attic but they accidentally get put out in the trash.  They think Andy doesn't love them anymore and try to run away.  It results in them being taken to a day care centre where they are told they will have children to play with them all day, every day.  The toys are very happy about this and feel glad to have left Andy.  Of course reality is not the same as their dreams and they soon realise the day care centre is a nightmare........I'll leave the rest in case you go to see it - which of course you should.

2 comments:

  1. The saddest moment is when they are about to 'killed' and they all hold hands like they are accepting their fate. I nearly went then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes that bit did have me quite gripped I have to confess. I'm hoping that soon there will be a boxset of all 3 released then I am going to book me a few hours in front of the tv ☺

    ReplyDelete