Thursday, 5 August 2010

There's a great webpage called www.Jezebel.com

And they've just done an article that I thought I should share. 
http://jezebel.com/5603638/meet-the-modeling-agent-who-trafficked-underage-girls-for-sex?utm_source=Jezebel+Newsletter&utm_campaign=afab60351b-UA-142218-20&utm_medium=email#viewcomments
I've just read this and I don't really know what to say - part of me is absolutely shocked, horrified and disgusted and another part of me is not surprised at all but still equally disgusted, but I am not really sure which reaction is worse. I hate how having money/power seems to make people think they can get away with anything - and sadly they quite often do - if only we weren't all so slaved to the dollar maybe people's silence couldn't be bought so easily. Thing is - he's not the first and sadly won't be the last - but thank goodness for publications like Jezebel for putting a voice out there for those girls that have been unable to.

2 comments:

  1. That site is really good. I have an app to read their posts. I read that, and its so wrong. I will never understand when a man is attracted to child. A natural instinct is to protect a child i am sure, not to harm them.
    Who knows what this world is coming too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you - the natural instinct is to protect a child - I know the abusers were quite often abused - hence my other arguement of it not being a given right that anyone should be able to have a child........

    ReplyDelete