Saturday, 14 August 2010

Lovely day, lovely city, lovely people!

I went out for a lovely girly day with my friend Sophie, she very kindly had bought me this bag for my birthday - thank you Sophie, I love it!!!


Then this awful thing happened to me again - where this tshirt jumped into my hands and I had to buy it so I didn't get done for shoplifting ☺ I used to spend hours playing with such dolls as a small child so it has a lovely kick of nostalgia to it.

This is Liberty's - more beautiful outside than in - well that's my opinion, although inside is pretty special too!



They had some really weird window displays of dolls piled up on top of each other crammed into small spaces.  A fried egg dress with a bed covered in eggs....I'm not quite sure what it was all about but there was this gorgeous teapot!


The lights inside are non too shabby.


And neither are the shoes.


It is with some regret that I have to inform you that these lovely Vivienne Westwood shoes did not make it home with me.  Curse the £110 price tag that I just don't think I should pay on a pair of shoes that I would never wear, just look at and stroke (I don't wear heels).


I made it to Mother Mash.  AMAZING.  Great food, great choice and really friendly staff.  Peaches Geoldof put her head round the door and I may have snarled.


This is a Ukranian Cathedral, in the middle of a London street - next to it was a really secret looking garden - all signs of the wonderful architecture in London.


I don't know who he is but he looked friendly enough.


Lovely wet wonderful Summer.....hmmmm.


Sadly my picture of the store security dressed in top hat and tails and definitely in his 70's didn't come out.  What was special about him?  Well he hardly seemed able to walk but he stood in the shop door doing an amazing dance to the rap music that was being played.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! I'm just a wee bit jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you - I have to say that it was a pretty awesome day. It's funny - now I am not so bothered about going out to clubs and spending the days recovering - I've discovered a whole new world on my doorstep ☺

    ReplyDelete