Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Things like this make me want to poke someone in the eye.

Please take a moment to go to this http://www.gov.bw/cgi-bin/news.cgi?d=20100611&i=Jumbos_net_million

Read it.

Digest it.

And then please vomit it out.

It's sick.  Not just because I am a fan of the old nellyphant but Hunting Safaris are a very gross thing for a rich person to feel all manly and heroic for doing something barbaric and totally uncivilised.  No life should ever be shed for such a disgusting thing.  I won't call this sport as I feel there is nothing sportsman like about it.

I don't just say it about elephants - I would be saying this about any animal scratch that, anything living at all.


Nothing should be made to die for the money or the momentary puffed out chest someone might feel for hunting something down and murdering it.  Not the sort of behaviour that should be encouraged I hope you would agree!

3 comments:

  1. of course i agree, in my final term exam of law, i prepared my seminar report on the subject of Prevention Against Cruelty to Animals.

    it's inhumane and overtly illogical for people to do such acts. what if the humans and their babies could be bought and sold by the other species more powerful than the humans.. more so called intelligent and far more cruel than the humans ?

    will we let it happen? we cant even think of it.. then why we do it without a fear of never expecting the same from some one else.. why we have forgotten ... "what we sow is what we reap"

    i really like reading such powerful blog posts.
    Naqvee♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Animals should die only so that another can survive. Although I would find great enjoyment from hunting those that kill only for trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John - well said - imagine if the tables were turned!

    Naqvee - I would love to read that report you wrote! 'What we soe is what we reap' very wise words indeed. Scary though huh - how can we be trying to teach people that killing each other is wrong and that running around with guns isn't the answer when things like this are being given the ok!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete