Saturday, 13 February 2010

Can I have a pause button for my life for one moment please

For the first time in my life I think I have felt that there just aren't enough hours in the day to get what I want done.

If I didn't work I think I could fit in all I want to do - but then I wouldn't have the money to do what I want - so I have to work which then doesn't allow me the time......tricky one.

So I work, and I do the best that I can whilst I am there. Then I leave and enter my real world. Here I try hard to find a balance of being a good friend, a good girlfriend, stimulating my mind and doing things I enjoy. I tried to take on too much and I made all the fun things feel like a chore. I was in a hurry to get everything done and I realised I was missing the most important lessons - that in some ways the outcome is incidental and it's the journey that is the really important bit.

So I can't pause my life and run off and do other things before coming back but I can remember to take a deep breathe and realise it's ok to take things at my pace and not at the pace that outside forces try to dictate.

No comments:

Post a Comment