Saturday, 12 December 2009

Freedom Writers

I had the results back from my blood test and I am very badly aneamic again (or however that is spelt) so it's time to take the foot off the pedal even more and back to doing even less until I feel stronger again. My friend Jenny came down from back home to see me today which was lovely. D is out for the night so I flaked in front of the tv preparing myself for a couple of hours of brain rot. I noticed that Freedom Writers was on so I thought I would watch it again. It's amazing what one woman could achieve at her school, within her neighbourhood and how many people her actions changed, most definitely for the better. Thing is she was just an ordinary person - just like we all are, and that's all it takes to make a difference in this world, it just takes ordinary people.

To me, that is quite a heart warming, inspiring realisation.

2 comments:

  1. I wish more of us had this same realization! If we just took a tiny bit of action every day that could "change" or help someone for the better... how different would our world be?

    Great post!
    Dayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordinary becomes Extra Ordinary - there is something about the way that is put that really makes me laugh but also gives me a lot of hope at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete