Wednesday, 16 September 2009

...and we're on the downward slope

...or so that is what Wednesday afternoon has been re-christened.

I am back at work...I feel like blurgh and am too skint to do anything but go home and go to bed........yesterday I sneaked in one of my ultimate favorite feel good movies - Matilda....yeah I know but I like it so there.



I was going to go and see the September Issue but realised it's the same to buy it as it is to go to the cinema and I only have to wait one week to do so.......my patience will just about stretch that far.....I think.

I also saw a documentary called The World's Strictest Parents, about kids being sent out to places like Jamaica to live with some very strict parents - to basically kick their arses and send them home as reformed characters. These loan-a-parents were harsh, but fair - they ruled with an iron fist but loved with a big heart. It does make you wonder how much the household environment is to blame for the state of the 'youth' today. These children went back home with a new found respect for their parents, and themselves. They understood why they were kicking out at the world and why it felt like the world was kicking back. These were lessons that sound so simple but they seemed to be missing the point at home. The saw families that really had things to moan about but were taking it on the chin and still finding things to smile about. As one 'loan-a-parent' said - these wild children can be tamed and they will be tamed...and sure enough she did it.


I just found a quiz a friend had sent me so I thought I would post it on here - so those that care can learn a little about yours truely and those that have a spare moment can send me their answers too!

If you had a choice to be a unicorn or mermaid which would it be?
A mermaid with a pet unicorn but now I have cecil I am half way there :op Cecil is a unicorn wooden carving I have

What time does the sun usually set?
At sunset time

Can you do a hand stand?
Oh yes and it’s not that long ago that I proved that one to the world

What level English are you in?
Alison Level – it’s understood by a choice few!

What's one thing you really want to do this very moment?
To remind everyone that if you love someone don’t neglect them, it will come back to bite you on the ass……..

What do you have planned for the weekend?
This weekend I hope to do as little as possible – maybe a trip to see the September Issue.

Have you ever gone ice skating?
Only twice in my life but never fallen over

How was your day?
It’s going ok but I haven’t eaten yet and I is hungry!

Do you consider yourself a stalker?
Only to the level that I am ‘following’ people on tweet tweet

Do you bruise easily?
Oh yes

Describe yourself using three words?
Unique, quiet, loud

Out of all your friends….
Whose the loudest?: Cathy Whose the quietest?: Jo (until you get to know her)Who makes you smile?: They all doWho have you known the longest?: Fiona KWho is the funniest?: They all are in their own waysWho is the sweetest?: Same as aboveWho is the most responsible?: Um, Claire AWho is the craziest?: Cathy or JessWho can you talk to about anything and everything?: Marion Who is always there for you?: All the ones left it would seem!Whose the tallest?: Jess

Do you prefer "sensitive boys" or "tough guys"?
I like a man to be man enough to be in touch with all his emotions!

How many things in your past do you regret?No regrets…just learning curves – some are steeper than others!

Do you have a best friend?I have a group of great friends – if I had to pick one best it would be tough but I’d go with Marion.

What do you want to be when you grow up?I have a peter pan complex – not sure that is going to happen fully ever haha

If you could change anything about your past, what would you change?Nothing as I wouldn’t be on the journey I am on and although it is tough sometimes – it’s mine.

Do you like your life?Generally I very much do – sometimes I wish I had been dealt better cards but nothing like a challenge ay.

Have you ever slapped a boy in the face?I was 7, he was called Andrew – I got cheered – he’d been asking for it – but the teacher saw – I got my first detention!

If so why?He was really being terrible to quite a few people – I gave him 3 warnings :o/

What is one of your biggest fears of your life?Loneliness

Have any of your friends ever passed away?Sadly, yes.

Have you ever cried yourself to sleep?I think everyone has.

No comments:

Post a Comment