Sunday, 30 August 2009

Thursday 27 August 2009

Too much time on my hands - or a mind that never shuts down - but I was pondering the whole internet phenomena, and it is weird - online parties that you can watch from your computer at home - surely this just highlights how lonely you are feeling. Virtual friends that you say more to than the friends you actually see....but then we hear about people masquerading as all sorts online so who knows who you are really talking to - I mean, I could be a 90 year old man....for the record, I am not! I will admit though it is amazing that the whole world is practically at your fingertips now thanks to the internet - something that I find quite daunting at times. I thought about the pointlessness I felt about Twitter when I first heard about it, which has now turned into me daily checking my account (I still don't like the term of following people though), I can find out news about bands I like just by checking one page, and I started to say how great it was. But then I saw some of the Tweet/Twats that Frances Bean Cobain was receiving. Now surely, here is a girl that has been through her fair share of stuff already at a meer 17 years of age, does she really need such bullying comments as being told she's an 'ugly whore like her mother and with none of the talent of her dead father'. Do these people not remember their parents telling them that if they had nothing nice to say they should just shut up! Well, maybe that's just brought me round to the whole issue of absent parents and the effect that is having on this world, but that is a whole other rant/discussion.

4 comments:

  1. I like this post as alot of what you say here is true.. and yes I agree. There was no need to talk to that girl that way. But some people are very sad, and this probably makes them feel better, in some twisted way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's true isn't it - you just go about your life minding your own business - it's not your fault who your parents are and bam - as I say jealous people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I think it's just jealous, insecure people and they want people to think they are funny. It's true about the internet though, you never know who you are really talking too even if you have been talking to them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..valid points...although saying that I do find that some of my closest friendships are thankfully kept alive thanks to the internet......i hate using the phone!

    ReplyDelete